Examples of applications for climate chamber without cooling (humidity oven, humidity chamber)
As a rule, the humidity chamber has a temperature range from between 5 and 8 °C above room temperature to 95 °C with humidity, and 160 °C without humidity.
- Testing of the influence of temperature and humidity on the properties of textiles, building materials, plastics, composites, adhesives, metals, electronic components, etc. (special case ageing test)
- Storage of building material test specimens
- Incubation of fungal spores on plants under humidity
Examples of applications at around ambient temperature for coolable climate chamber (constant climate chamber)
As a rule, the constant climate chamber has a temperature range from 0 °C to 70 °C. A typical application for the constant climate chamber is stability tests in accordance with the ICH guideline for pharmaceutical products, the majority of which are performed at temperatures between 20 °C and 30 °C, that is, close to the ambient temperature.
- Long-term stability testing cosmetics, the food industry and pharmaceutics in compliance with ICH guideline Q1A (temperature and humidity controlled)
- Photostability tests in pharmaceutics in compliance with ICH guideline Q1B (temperature, humidity and light spectrum controlled)
- Growing of plants or seed (temperature and humidity controlled, possibly light spectrum)
- Test of the influence of temperature and humidity on the property of textiles, building materials, plastics, composites, adhesives, metals, electronic components, etc. under normal climatic conditions
Examples of applications for a coolable climate chamber with high temperatures in the minus and plus range
As a rule the climatic test chamber has a temperature range from 10 °C to 95 °C with humidity, and 180 °C without humidity. The temperature ranges of temperature test chambers lie, depending on the manufacturer, between - 80 °C and +250 °C or higher.
- Coldness and heat tests in compliance with DIN EN 60068-2-1, 2-2 in the temperature test chamber
- Combined temperature humidity testing compliance with DIN EN 60068-2-38 in the climatic test chamber
- Temperature change tests in compliance with DIN EN 60068-2-14
Picture credit: Memmert GmbH + Co. KG